Corporate, Business & Tax, Biotech & Technology and Labor & Employment Law:
- Represents individuals, for-profit, and non-profit entities on general corporate, medical and technology transfer, and employment issues and has experience in advising clients on general business planning issues, including entity formation, governance, and dissolution.
- Advises clients in negotiating, preparing, and reviewing contracts, drafting agreements, including shareholder, consulting, and employment agreements, and in representing large and small businesses in commercial transactions, including the private placement of securities.
- Represents a wide array of clients, including:
- Clients forming new business entities in Massachusetts and other jurisdictions;
- Buyers and sellers in the purchase and sale of privately held companies;
- Business clients performing mergers, acquisitions, and other related transactions;
- Management of companies in general corporate governance;
- Management in general employment relationships, including drafting and reviewing employment and other agreements;
- Clients undertaking the private placement of securities in various jurisdictions;
- Technology clients in various business matters, including a merger with a publicly traded corporation; and
- Various charities securing tax-exempt status and related matters.
Massachusetts Benefit Corporations
Professional and Community Involvements
- North Shore Chamber of Commerce
- Following law school graduation, served as law clerk to the Chief Justice of the New Hampshire Supreme Court
- Served as Legislative Assistant and counsel to United States Senator
- Served as Assistant to the United States Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Boston University School of Law, JD, 1999
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, BSFS, 1994