John Britt has vast experience regarding a range of topics including contract law, secured transactions, foreclosures, loan workouts, business formation and governance, zoning law, and commercial real estate transactions. He also has a strong familiarity with alternative dispute resolution proceedings including settlement negotiations, mediation and conciliation as a certified conciliator for civil matters before the Middlesex Superior Court.
- Represented developers/investors in the business formation, purchase, rehabilitation and sale of multi-family residential apartment structures in the City of Boston.
- Represented investors in the negotiation of terms for the formation and governance of business entities to develop commercial real estate projects ranging in size from $10,000,000 to $50,000,000.
- Represented secured creditors in work out negotiations with defaulting borrowers.
- Represented commercial and private lenders in commercial loan transactions secured by real estate and other assets of borrower.
- Represented solar/wind developer in the negotiation of leases and contracts for development of energy projects.
- Represent commercial tenants in lease negotiations.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Board of Directors, Hyannisport Club, Hyannisport, MA