Robert “Robbie” Hillson concentrates his litigation practice on product liability, automotive, aviation/aerospace, premises liability, and negligence cases. Robbie has considerable experience representing Fortune 500 companies including motor vehicle manufacturers, product manufacturers, commercial airlines, insurers, and other corporations across a broad range of industries.
Prior to joining Rubin and Rudman, Robbie was an associate at a mid-sized litigation firm focused on high stakes, complex litigation.
Robbie attended Boston University School of Law as a merit scholar and earned his Juris Doctor in 2018. While at Boston University School of Law, Robbie was an SJC Rule 3:03 Certified Student Attorney in the Civil Litigation Clinic where he mediated eviction claims in the Housing Court, represented clients in divorce actions, conducted direct examinations, cross examinations, and made opening and closing statements before the Department of Unemployment Assistance.
As a second-year at Boston University School of Law, Robbie competed in the Edward C. Stone Moot Court Competition and was invited to compete in the Homer Albers Prize Moot Court Competition based on his combined brief and oral argument scores. As a third-year, Robbie was selected as a Director of the Stone Moot Court Competition for which he wrote the moot court problem and bench memorandum, graded student briefs, and presided on a panel of judges while grading oral arguments.
At the University of Massachusetts Amherst: Commonwealth Honors College, Robbie Graduated summa cum laude and as a Commonwealth Honors College Scholar with Greatest Distinction with his degree in Legal Studies and a minor in Sociology. Robbie was honored with the William F. Field Alumni Scholarship for Excellence in Major; a scholarship awarded to the top ranking student in each major.
- Represented a Fortune leading automobile manufacturer in state lemon law arbitration hearings throughout New England in Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine.
- Mediated and reached a favorable settlement in a high exposure Florida product liability action relating to catastrophic injury in a motocross accident.
- Defended an electronics manufacturer in a case brought about by a fire, where the Plaintiffs sustained catastrophic injuries and property damage.
- Represented a commercial seller of an aircraft where the purchasing party and others died in an international aviation accident.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Author, “The Ethical Duty of Technological Competence: The Impact of Digital Data on the Practice of Law” (2019)
- Author, “An examination of Causation and Burden of Proof Standards and Their Ability to Act as Barriers to Veterans in Toxic Tort Litigation” (2015)