Rubin and Rudman is seeking a self-motivated, experienced Floater Legal Secretary to perform a variety of administrative duties for attorney(s). This Floater Secretary will provide coverage in the absence of secretarial and reception support while maintaining positive contact with attorneys and staff and observe confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Actively participate as part of a team of secretaries providing assistance to attorneys and backup coverage and duties for secretaries, reception or other staff.
- Type correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy.
- Maintain files, both electronic and physical, photocopying, read and sort mail, prepare and update binders, coordinate scheduling and other duties as needed.
- Input attorney timesheets, process, proof, review and edit bills and invoices.
- This position provides general support and requires flexibility to other duties as assigned and needed to ensure effective service to client matters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of legal principles normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of two years of legal secretary or assistant experience.
- Quickly and accurately transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft, dictation or transcription, proofread and correct grammatical, typographical or spelling errors.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other software products.
- Organization and attention to detail and verbal and written communication skills.
Rubin and Rudman LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to: Jobs@RubinRudman.com.