SUMMARY: Rubin and Rudman, LLP is seeking a part-time Receptionist to work mornings on-site Mondays through Fridays from 8AM – 1PM. Under general supervision performs all functions related to receiving calls, clients, vendors, and deliveries and directs them to the appropriate individual(s) within the firm. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, and clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arrive to office promptly at 8:00AM to open office and phone line.
- Receives information from phone callers or individuals arriving in person, and then communicates it to attorneys and staff. Operates a multi-line telephone in order to relay incoming and outgoing calls.
- Directs phone calls to appropriate attorneys and staff or to the voice mail system.
- Meets and greets clients and visitors to the law office and ensures proper clearance and routing of such parties in accordance with firm policies; notifies supervisor of any difficult situation.
- Informs Accounting Department immediately upon Fiduciary pouch arrival.
- Schedules and maintains records for utilization of conference rooms in the office and communicates with attorneys and staff when there are scheduling conflicts.
- Through email, informs human resources, attorneys and appropriate staff of employees who have called in sick each day.
- Logs in staff’s arrival and departure time, as well as staff reasons for late arrival or early departures.
- Logs in attorney’s arrival and departure, as well as any “out of the office” notifications.
- Regular and dependable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Employee must perform all duties with minimal supervision and must be willing to work as a team player.
- Open mail and list checks and totals.
- Log visitors and maintenance requests into 53 State Street Portal.
- Maintains neatness of lobby, reception area and conference rooms.
- Maintain “out of office” calendar.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned from time to time by Executive Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to read and write English at a level normally acquired through the completion of high school in order to process informational messages.
- Approximately two to four weeks on the job training necessary in order to learn department locations and to gain an understanding of the law office and departmental policies and procedures and learn to operate telephone system.
- Ability to type brief memos or e-mails at a level normally acquired through completion of one to three months course work in touch-typing.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate by phone and to visitors to provide information and “customer service” with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Work occasionally requires a high level of judgment, mental effort and/or strain when answering a high volume of phone calls and performing other essential duties.
- Ability to handle phone calls and visitors in a courteous manner, lift small delivery packages, operate phone equipment and record messages.
- Work requires regular attendance and occasionally requires irregular hours and/or more than 25 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position, including covering other receptionist’s time off.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.
This job description is intended to be general and will evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management’s description, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.
Qualified candidates should apply by sending resume and part-time schedule availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.