Our Trusts and Estates Department seeks a Probate Litigation Associate with three to five years of experience. The candidate will have a unique opportunity to work directly with two dynamic partners in the firm’s rapidly growing probate litigation practice. The ideal candidate will quickly gain experience working on cutting-edge probate and elder law litigation while representing clients in court proceedings with a focus on contested guardianships and conservatorships, will contests, trust disputes, breaches of fiduciary duty and other probate disputes.
Candidate should possess exceptional writing, analytical and legal research skills and the necessary communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with clients, colleagues, opposing counsel, the courts and financial institutions. Candidate should also be able to work independently, be highly organized and responsive and be able to supervise paralegals. The candidate will be a team player with a collaborative spirit and a compassionate nature.
Rubin and Rudman is a century-old, full-service law firm based in Boston. With a diverse mix of practices, Rubin and Rudman serves a wide range of clients. Our sophisticated Trusts and Estates Department is one of Massachusetts’s largest estate planning practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Draft substantive complaints, motions, oppositions, affidavits, correspondence and other pleadings for contested matters.
• Review and edit paralegal drafts of probate documents for formal probates, informal probates, guardianships and conservatorships.
• Draft and respond to interrogatories, subpoenas and document requests.
• Demonstrate familiarity with estate, conservatorship and trust accountings.
• Develop strategy and participate in strategy discussions.
• Handle complex fact matters and identify legal issues.
• Determine priorities based on the urgency of cases.
• Manage case progression and maintain case deadlines.
• Communicate directly with clients and court personnel.
• Research and prepare accompanying memoranda for various probate issues.
• Attend meetings and court hearings.
Rubin and Rudman is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected class.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org.