TRUST AND ESTATES ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Rubin and Rudman LLP is seeking a self-motivated Trusts and Estates Administrative Assistant to assist multiple attorneys in the Trusts and Estates Department. This position includes legal secretarial administration of case files, scheduling and correspondence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Type correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents in a timely manner with a high degree of accuracy.
• Maintain files, both electronic and physical, photocopying, read and sort mail, prepare and update estate planning binders, coordinate scheduling and other duties as needed.
• Input attorney timesheets, process, proof and review and edit bills and invoices.
• Interact with clients, financial advisors, investment advisors, accountants, attorneys, and other staff; schedule and proactively prepare files and documents for meetings.
• Prepare final estate planning letter which includes copies of executed estate planning documents and recommendations for various asset transfers related to trust funding strategy, including investment accounts, real estate, life insurance and retirement assets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of financial and legal management principles in order to assist with the responsibility for the firm’s Trusts and Estates Department at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of two years of experience as a Legal Assistant
• Ability to demonstrate impeccable integrity in personal and fiduciary matters.
• Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys, staff and clients and provide information and “customer service” with courtesy and tact.
• Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Knowledge of Visio and Power point is preferred.
• Experience using a Document Management System and Billing Software preferred.
• Organization and attention to detail and verbal and written communication skills.
This job description is intended to be general and will evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time. Work occasionally requires more than 35 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
Qualified applicants must be able to complete essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation(s).
Rubin and Rudman is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to: Jobs@RubinRudman.com.