TRUST AND ESTATES BILLING SPECIALIST
Rubin and Rudman LLP is looking for a Billing Specialist to join our Trust and Estates Department. The Billing Specialist is responsible for processing client bills using full knowledge and understanding of accounting software, including electronic billing. The position provides assistance to attorneys and assistants to ensure accurate time and disbursement entries and completes all billing to meet established deadlines. The position provides assistance as needed to the Trust and Estates Department.
• Perform daily billing activities to support attorneys, and clients.
• Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and acceptance of invoices on a monthly basis.
• Maintain and update matter listing spreadsheet and client billing information.
• Generate client invoices.
• Assist attorneys and non-legal staff with billing questions.
• Work directly with clients relating to their billing guidelines, e-billing setup, and any other billing questions or issues.
• Processes various time, disbursement, and billing reports for attorneys, staff and clients.
• Maintain proficiency in accounting software (Aderant), Word and Excel, and participate in training software upgrades as related to billing functions.
• Generate client invoices, proformas and edits, create timecard summaries, update matter and timekeeper rates, and run client reports at the request of attorneys.
• Assist as needed in guiding and supporting other billing staff once trained and qualified.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Minimum of 1-2 years billing experience in a law firm, consulting or professional services organization required.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
• Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Exceptional organizational skills, follow-up skills, and high attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to juggle/manage multiple tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment, often under strict deadlines.
• Participate in a team environment.
• Committed to high quality customer service (internal and external).
• Consistent attendance and reliability.
• Aderant or Elite experience preferred.
• Experience with electronic billing and electronic billing vendors
• Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
Qualified applicants must be able to complete essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation(s).
Rubin and Rudman is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to: Jobs@RubinRudman.com.