Jared is a member of the firm’s Family Law department, concentrating his practice on all aspects of complex domestic relations law, including divorce, child custody and child support, alimony, paternity, asset valuation and division, as well as modification and contempt actions. He also has considerable experience drafting and negotiating prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. In addition to his work at the trial court level, Jared is experienced in drafting appellate briefs and has argued before the Massachusetts Appeals Court on issues having to do with disproportionate asset division, deviation from the Alimony Reform Act’s durational limits, and automatic, percentage-based self-modifying alimony orders. His practice also includes representing clients in Chapter 209A abuse prevention and Chapter 258E harassment prevention proceedings in both the Probate and Family Court as well as the District Court.
Jared has been an invited speaker at the Massachusetts Bar Association (MBA)’s Annual Family Law Conference on the topic of evidentiary issues in “extreme” family law cases and a speaker at MCLE New England on the topic of discovery in family law cases. He is in his third year sitting on the Boston Bar Association’s Family Law Steering Committee, currently serving as Co-Chair of the Committee’s Brown Bag Sub-Committee. Jared has also sat as a panelist for the BBA’s divorce fundamentals series. Finally, from 2016 to 2018, Jared also served on the Executive Committee for the Greater Boston Family Law Inn of Court, a collective of Boston area family law attorneys and judges whose goal is to increase the level of civility within the family law bar and to mentor each other to become better practitioners.
Outside of the office, Jared is involved in many Boston-based organizations and volunteers his time taking on pro bono cases through Veterans Legal Services.
Recognition and Awards
- Recipient, Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion – Gold (2020)
- Recipient, Martindale-Hubbell Client Champion – Silver (2019)
- Selected, Massachusetts Rising Star, Super Lawyers (2018-current)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Family Law Steering Committee Member, Boston Bar Association
- Executive Committee Member, Greater Boston Family Law Inn of Court
- Member, Town of Medfield’s Zoning Board of Appeals
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- “Divorce Law Fundamentals – Post-Judgment Issues: Division of Retirement Assets, Contempts & Modifications,” Boston Bar Association (June 18, 2019)
- Moderator, “Drug Testing and Sobriety Monitoring in Custody Cases,” Boston Bar Association (Mar. 13, 2019)
- Panelist, “Getting it In; Keeping it Out — Critical Evidentiary Calls in Extreme Cases,” Massachusetts Bar Association 28th Annual Family Law Conference (Nov. 16-17, 2018)
- The Family Lawyer’s Discovery Toolkit, MCLE New England (Aug. 15, 2018)
- “Divorce Law Fundamentals: The Divorce Client Interview,” Boston Bar Association (Sept. 18, 2017)
- Program Chair, “CLE: Special Needs Financial Planning During Divorce,” Massachusetts Bar Association (October 8, 2019)
- Quoted, “Ex-wife can't sue to claw back hidden assets,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (October 10, 2019)
- Moderator, “Trial Practice Panel: “Episode II:” Objections and Admissibility,” Massachusetts Bar Association 29th Annual Family Law Conference (November 15-16, 2019)
- Panelist, “BBA Divorce Law Fundamentals: Child Support & Alimony,” Boston Bar Association (February 11, 2020)
- Appointed Member, “Boston Bar Association’s Probate and Family Court Virtual Hearing Resource Guide Committee” (June 2020)
- Quoted, “1st Circuit reviews suit to claw back hidden marital assets,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly (August 6, 2020)