Sara Kitaeff is a Partner in Rubin and Rudman’s Family Law Practice Group. Her practice concentrates in the area of domestic relations, including pre and post-nuptial agreements, divorce, paternity matters, child support, custody, and modification and contempt actions. Much of Sara’s practice is focused on high net-worth and high-conflict divorce and child custody matters.
She is a Category F Guardian ad Litem and consents to court-appointed and private GAL cases, with a focus on custody and parenting plan disputes as well as psychotherapist-patient privilege. Prior to joining Rubin and Rudman, Sara was an associate at a boutique family law firm in Boston. She was also a judicial intern in the Middlesex Probate and Family Court and the Superior Court.
While attending Suffolk University Law School, Sara was a recipient of the Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Evidence and was a Research Assistant for Distinguished Professor and Judge, the late John E. Fenton.
Outside of the office, Sara loves to travel and is very involved in the Boston art world.
Recognition and Awards
- Recognized, Massachusetts Rising Star, Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2014-2021
- Recognized, Massachusetts Top Women Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2020
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Greater Boston Family Law American Inn of Court
- Member, ProVisors, December 2021-Present
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association, including the Family Law Communications Committee
- Member, Women’s Bar Association
- Board Member, On With Living and Learning (OWLL), a grassroots collective committed to bringing about racial and social justice through art
- Member, Massachusetts Association of Guardians ad Litem (MAGAL)
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Interviewed, “When High Conflict Family Issues Require Legal Action,” Radio Entrepreneurs (August 26, 2022)
- Contributing Author, “MCLE: Divorce Law Practice Manual ” (2018, 2020 and 2021)
- Contributing Author, “MCLE: Fiduciary Litigation in the Probate Court” (2021)
- Contributing Author, “BBA Family Law Newsletter” (2021-Present)