Andrea Toulouse, chair of Rubin and Rudman’s Real Estate department, has extensive experience in all areas of commercial real estate, including acquisition, development, financing, and leasing for a broad range of developers and financiers of commercial properties at a local, regional and national level. Her practice encompasses industrial properties, educational uses, suburban office parks, and downtown office buildings.
Andrea’s representation includes negotiating acquisition and disposition documentation, providing advice, conducting related due diligence, negotiating construction and permanent loan documentation, and successfully drafting, negotiating and closing on leases for her clients’ real estate holdings.
Andrea focuses on client satisfaction, including executing deals quickly and efficiently.
- Key role in representation of a developer in connection with a tri-party development agreement for a residential, commercial, and hotel development in Somerville, Massachusetts.
- Representation of a developer in connection with the $113.3 million acquisition and financing of a 38-story, 885,000-square foot Class A office tower in downtown Hartford, Connecticut.
- Representation of a developer in connection with the acquisition, financing and development of a five-building office campus in Concord, Massachusetts.
- Key role in representation of regional health care system in the $100,000,000.00 sale and leaseback of a medical office building portfolio.
- Representation of educational institution in the acquisition and $9,040,000 revenue bond financing of a permanent campus location in Milton, Massachusetts.
- Key role in representation of educational institution in the discontinuance of the rights of the public in several Boston streets in order to create a pedestrian-friendly downtown Boston campus area.
- Key role in representation of a developer in connection with the formation of a joint venture with a private equity fund and the $16,000,000 acquisition and financing of a local mall and former motel in Massachusetts.
- Assisted in representation of owner in connection with the $33,000,000 acquisition of a 32-story, 417,000 square foot office building in Rhode Island.
- Key role in representation of a national bank in connection with a $33,250,000 loan for the acquisition of a 460,292 square foot Class-A office tower in South Carolina.
- Assisted in representation of an independent public authority in the financing, development, and leasing of key seaport infrastructure in Massachusetts.
- Represented a developer in connection with the acquisition, financing, leasing, and disposition of properties throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Maine in connection with the construction and development of retail pharmacy stores and in-store health clinics.
Recognition and Awards
- Named, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, Go To Commercial Real Estate Lawyers, 2023
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2023-2024
- Named, Boston magazine, Top Lawyers, Real Estate Law, 2022-2023
- Selected, Massachusetts Rising Stars List, 2013–2018
Professional and Community Involvement
- Former Member, City of Beverly Planning Board
- Co-Chair, Committee on Advancement, Glen Urquhart School
- Founding Member, Committee on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Glen Urquhart School
- Member, Board of Trustees, Glen Urquhart School
- Former President, Parents’ Association, Glen Urquhart School
- Member, Steering Committee for the Master Plan for the City of Beverly, MA
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), National and Boston
- Member, NAIOP
- Member, Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts (REBA)
- Member, ACLU Foundation of Massachusetts Amicus Committee