David is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate, Business and Tax practice group and Life Sciences and Emerging Growth Companies practice group. As a seasoned corporate attorney, David has a diverse and broad-based corporate and transactional practice focused on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, securities law, executive employment and equity compensation, early-stage and emerging growth company representation, intellectual property, and general corporate law.
David advises and strategizes with public and private companies, private equity investors, strategic buyers, family-owned businesses, and family offices in all aspects of mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, joint ventures, restructurings, and recapitalizations.
David also represents and counsels venture capital investors and start-ups and early-stage companies seeking venture capital in all aspects of angel, seed, and institutional venture capital rounds of equity and debt securities, including federal and state securities laws compliance.
David is actively involved in the innovation and start-up community and serves as a trusted advisor to entrepreneurs, early-stage, and emerging growth companies in connection with the planning, launching, operating, and growing of their companies, including entity selection and business formation, founders equity, stock option plans, and other equity incentives, intellectual property protection and licensing, commercial contracts, and exit transactions.
David has extensive experience advising senior level executives and professionals in connection with mergers and acquisitions and similar change of control transactions involving the termination of existing employment arrangements and negotiation of new employment arrangements, including complex exchanges, acceleration or roll-over of restricted stock, stock options or other types of equity incentive securities.
David’s clients operate in a variety of industries, including technology, venture capital, private equity, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, telecommunications, advertising and marketing, internet and e-commerce, investment management, commercial real estate, clean energy and technology, banking and financial services, sports, media and entertainment, health and wellness, legalized cannabis, restaurant and hospitality, military and homeland defense, and architecture and engineering.
- Represented a privately owned technology company specializing in broadband routing, switching, and cable modem termination systems in a $300 million stock merger with a NASDAQ listed manufacturer of wireless telephones and wireless network infrastructure equipment.
- Represented senior management team of the global leader of waste solutions for public places in connection with a $26 million recapitalization and growth capital investment transaction. Represented a leading technology news and reviews website in a $24 million asset sale transaction with a leading global media company.
- Represented a leading technology news website in connection with a $25 million acquisition by a global mass media conglomerate.
- Represented a privately owned provider of direct market access trading technology, risk management solutions, and brokerage services in a $30 million private placement of preferred stock to a leading private equity fund.
- Represented a leading venture-backed, human resource technology software company in connection with strategic acquisitions of complementary businesses totaling more than $20 million in aggregate purchase price.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, American Bar Association (Business Law Section)
- Member; Association for Corporate Growth
- Former Membership Committee Member, Association for Corporate Growth
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Trustee, Central Catholic High School
- Volunteer/Mentor, Mass Challenge
- Former Member, MIT Enterprise Forum
- Member, New England Business Association
- Founding Member, USA 500 Clubs