Glenn, a member of Rubin and Rudman’s Executive Committee, represents clients on environmental and land use matters with a particular concentration in facility and project siting, wetlands and coastal permitting, enforcement defense and mitigation compliance, zoning and subdivision control, impact review and auditing, hazardous waste and real estate transactions, solid waste and health issues, regulatory takings, tax abatements, and environmental mediation. He successfully manages a broad range of industrial, commercial, residential and municipal projects through local, state, and federal review processes.
Glenn’s practice focuses on a variety of environmental laws, regulations and policies, as well as constitutional issues, including the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act (WPA), the Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act (MEPA), the Massachusetts Public Waterfront Act (Chapter 91), Article 97, and the Massachusetts Endangered Species Act (MESA). Additionally, he has significant experience in coastal permitting, development projects, coastal erosion and mitigation, waterfront development including dredging, and the permitting of water structures including piers and docks.
Glenn works with a variety of state and local boards and commissions in such permitting matters, including the Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management, the MEPA Office, the Massachusetts Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Program, Cape Cod Commission, Martha’s Vineyard Commission, and numerous Conservation Commissions and local boards, with a focus on those located on Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, and Nantucket.
Glenn represents private sector clients, municipal commissions and boards, and conservation organizations on issues related to land development, environmental permitting, and planning.
He has an active litigation practice in state and federal courts, as well as administrative litigation experience before the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and adjudicatory appeals before the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Boston Bar Association – Environmental Law Section (Former Co-Chair, Environmental Litigation Committee)
- Member, DEP Land Subject to Coastal Storm Flowage Advisory Committee (2016–Present)
- Government Affairs Committee Chairman, Association of Massachusetts Wetlands Scientists (Former President, 2003–2005)
- Former Member, Town of Ipswich Conservation Commission (1998–2008)
- Town of Ipswich Representative, Eight Towns and the Bay Committee (2006–2010)
- Member, Great Marsh Revitalization Task Force – Permitting Subcommittee (2011–2010)
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Cuvilly Earth and Arts Center, Ipswich (2005–2011)
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Co-Author, “Stormwater Enforcement Under the Federal Clean Water Act: Non-Profit Environmental Organizations Taking the Lead,” Association of Massachusetts Wetland Scientists Newsletter (January 2016)
- Co-Author, “Precon Development Corp. v. United States Army Corps of Engineers: A Win for the Corps and Wetlands Protection,” Association of Massachusetts Wetland Scientists Newsletter (April 2015)
- Co-Author, “Pepin v. Division of Fisheries and Wildlife: High Court Upholds Habitat Protections Under Massachusetts Endangered Species Act,” Association of Massachusetts Wetland Scientists Newsletter (April 2014)
- Co-Author, “Koontz v. St. Johns River Water Management District: Expansion of Regulatory Takings in the Contect of Land Use Permitting Conditions,” Association of Massachusetts Wetland Scientists Newsletter (October 2013)
- Co-Author, “Courts Sorting Out Liability for Hazardous-Site Insurers,” Banker & Tradesman (1997)
- Author, “Brownfields Law Poised to Pass in Legislature’s New Session,” Banker & Tradesman (1997)
- Author, “Regulators, Developers Hammer Out Implications of Rivers Protection Act,” Banker & Tradesman
- Author, “humorous wetland articles,” Association of Massachusetts Wetlands Scientists Newsletter
- Panel Lecturer, “Rivers Protection Act Implications,” Annual Meeting, Association of Massachusetts Wetlands Scientists (March 1999)
- Seminar Speaker, “Coastal Resource Areas Under the Wetlands Protection Act,” Association of Massachusetts Wetlands Scientists (September 1999)
- Panel Lecturer, “Massachusetts Water Management Act Implications,” Winter Meeting, Cape Cod Cranberry Growers Association (1998)