James Greene represents clients in real estate development and permitting with emphasis on zoning, subdivision, environmental review and permitting, with special emphasis on Chapter 121A Urban Redevelopment Projects.
Jim counsels clients on property tax valuation, assessment practice, and eminent domain actions. He has experience in litigation pertaining to eminent domain actions involving trials before the Superior Court and real estate tax proceedings before the Appellate Tax Board representing property owners and cities and towns.
Recognition and Awards
- Listed, The Boston Globe’s 2012 Edition of Boston’s Top Rated Lawyers by LexisNexis® Martindale-Hubbell®.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Former Executive Committee Member, Rubin and Rudman
- Chairman, Board of Trustees of Health and Hospitals, Boston City Hospital (1994–1996)
- Chairman, Boston Industrial Financing Authority
- Former Member, Boston Zoning Commission (1993–1994) and the Walsh Commission (1992–1993)
- Member, Jamaica Plain Neighborhood Council Zoning Committee
- Member, Boston Bar Association Land Use and Development Committee