Neal Splaine is Co-Chair of Rubin and Rudman’s Corporate, Business and Tax Department and a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. He typically serves as outside general counsel to closely held businesses based primarily in the North East, but oftentimes with national and international operations in scope. With nearly 30 years of experience, Neal’s services cover all aspects of a company’s core legal needs ranging from day-to-day operational issues to sophisticated corporate transactions with an emphasis on merger and acquisition transactions, debt and equity financing transactions and strategic alliances. Neal also regularly works with business owners to design and implement business succession plans to transition the ownership and management of a business to the next generation of owners in a seamless and tax-efficient manner.
Neal represents private equity sponsors, institutional investors, and angel investors involved in equity and debt investment transactions and is counsel to financial institutions in connection with middle market loans of all types.
Neal also represents senior managers in connection with the negotiation of executive compensation packages during the hiring and separation stages.
- Represent owners of a large network of gas stations and convenience stores in connection with the sale of their business to three separate buyers.
- Serve as outside general counsel for North American operations to a major European manufacturer of windows and doors; advised company in connection with its growth through acquisition of businesses located in United States, Mexico and Canada.
- Serve as outside general counsel to large, family-owned, New England-based heating and plumbing supply company; work closely with owners in structuring and implementing a business succession plan transitioning the business from the third generation to the fourth generation of family members.
- Represent a substantial North East regional construction services business in connection with the transition of its business to key employees following the owner’s diagnosis of a terminal illness.
- Assisted owner with forming and organizing a nationwide foundation to benefit others afflicted by same illness.
Recognition and Awards
- Recognized, Massachusetts Go To Lawyers, Business Transactions, 2022
- Selected, Massachusetts Super Lawyers List, 2016-2022
- Named, Boston magazine, Top Lawyers, Corporate Law, 2021-2022
Professional and Community Involvement
- Pro bono legal advisor, ALS One
- Founding Member, USA 500 Clubs
- Member, Winchester Hospital Foundation
- Corporator, Winchester Hospital
- Former Town Meeting Member, Town of Winchester
- Former Executive Committee, Director, Winchester Chamber of Commerce
- Former Board Member, Seven Generations, City Year
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association