Steven is a Partner in the firm’s Trusts and Estates and Private Client and Elder Law practice groups. For over 20 years, he has been dedicated to educating professionals and the community on the intricacies of elder law.
Steven is a member of the Public Policy Committee of the Massachusetts Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. Steven was co-chair of the elder and disability law committee of the Boston Bar Association from 2006 to 2012. And, he is co-author of the Nursing Home Medicaid Eligibility Chapter in Estate Planning for the Aging and Incapacitated Client in Massachusetts published by Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education.
Steven speaks regularly before senior and professional groups including the Boston Tax Institute, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Harvard Medical School, as well as to health care professionals in hospitals and nursing homes.
Areas of concentration:
- Elder Law
- Special Needs Trust Planning
- Estate Planning
- Estate & Trust Administration
- Elder Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Recognition and Awards
- Listed, Massachusetts Super Lawyers, Elder Law, 2006-2019
- Rated, Avvo (avvo.com’s legal review website)
- Rated, Boston’s Top Rated Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbel, 2011-2018
Professional and Community Involvement
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Massachusetts Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member, Boston Bar Association, Elder and Disability Committee
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Co-Author, “Nursing Home Medicaid Eligibility,” Estate Planning for the Aging or Incapacitated Client in Massachusetts, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Speaker, “Elder Decisions Mediation Training,” Agreement Resources, LLC (March 17, 2021)