Susan M. Doren
- (617) 330-7005 (Direct)
- (617) 330-7550 (Fax)
Susan Doren is a Partner and former Co-Chair of Rubin and Rudman’s Real Estate Department and is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group. She represents various clients in commercial real estate matters, emphasizing all aspects of office and retail leasing.
- Legal counsel to a major global financial institution for a wide range of commercial tenant-based leasing matters, particularly in negotiating leases for a portfolio of over 250 retail sites throughout the United States including build-to-suit leases, and an array of other real estate matters including negotiating complex office leases, warehouse leases, shared office suites agreements, negotiating purchase options, resolving lease-related disputes, and advising client in various other related commercial leasing matters.
- Legal counsel to established local real estate development company in leasing office space in the Greater Boston area, including negotiating leases and related agreements as part of a large portfolio of local properties, leasing office and lab space to tenants in downtown Boston and surrounding areas, build-to-suit leases, and construction contracts.
- Legal counsel to a financial institution, as landlord, in negotiating complex corporate office leases in Boston and other cities in the United States.
- Legal counsel to various tenant clients in negotiating leases in the Boston area.
- Negotiated complex build-to-suit leases for prominent life sciences tenants on behalf of developer for a new 150,000 square foot office and lab building in the Boston area.
- Negotiated office and lab lease for an 80,000 square office and life sciences building on behalf of developer in the greater Boston area.
- Negotiating multiple build-to-suit leases on an ongoing basis on behalf of tenant in various locations, including shopping centers, locally and across the United States, associated easement agreements and an array of all other aspects of build-to-suit leases.
- Negotiated build-to-suit lease on behalf of tenant for a 200,000 square foot corporate office lease and parking facility.
- Negotiated complex lease on behalf of tenant for 200,000 square foot corporate office lease, together with ongoing representation and counsel in connection with a range of related matters from time to time, including expansions and dispute resolution.v
Recognition and Awards
- Named, Boston magazine, Top Lawyers, Real Estate Law, 2022
- Selected, Massachusetts Super Lawyers List, 2005
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Boston Bar Association