Rubin and Rudman LLP, a long-established and highly regarded mid-size, Boston-based law firm, is seeking an attorney with 5-7 years of legal and litigation experience to join our Labor and Employment Practice Group. The role includes representing employers in state and federal court and administrative agencies concerning claims for wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour and other employment matters. The role also includes counseling employers on hiring, firing, reductions in force, workplace performance and discipline, statutory leaves, disability and other accommodations. Duties of the position include but are not limited to performing legal research, drafting legal memoranda, motions and pleadings; attending court conferences; handling discovery-related activities (including e-discovery) and investigations; drafting position statements, employment and separation agreements, employer handbooks and policies and providing advice to business clients on a wide variety of employment issues. The position is an exceptional opportunity for hands-on experience with close mentorship from experienced labor and employment practitioners.
- 5-7 years of legal and litigation experience with at least 3 in employment;
- J.D. degree and membership in good standing with the Massachusetts Bar (or a member in good standing in another state with the intention to join the Massachusetts Bar);
- A strong academic background;
- Excellent writing, analytical, oral advocacy and litigation skills;
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment as well as manage matters independently and proactively;
- Ability to represent clients before state and federal agencies, courts or tribunals; and
- Ability to advise and instill confidence in sophisticated business clients.
The firm will consider part-time or flexible hours and work-sharing arrangements for qualified lawyers. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com