About the Women’s Initiative
At Rubin and Rudman LLP, we are dedicated to actively recruiting, retaining, and advancing talented women attorneys. To increase leadership roles for women attorneys at the firm and in the industries and communities we serve, we are committed to identifying and supporting professional and business development opportunities for women attorneys.
The Women’s Initiative aims to:
- Identify and support professional and business development opportunities for women attorneys;
- Increase leadership roles for women attorneys at the firm and in the industries and communities we serve;
- Foster connections, cross-selling and collaboration; and
- Address issues that disproportionally affect women.
By the Numbers
Rubin and Rudman is a recent recipient of Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly’s inaugural “Empowering Women Awards.” The Empowering Women Awards recognize law firms that have shown a strong commitment to supporting and elevating women attorneys by providing mentorship and professional development opportunities. While our 2023 numbers (below) are impressive, we acknowledge that our journey toward fully realizing our DEI goals is far from over, and we are committed to moving forward every day until our practice embodies our lived values.
At Rubin and Rudman:
- 37% of Partners are women
- 86% of the firm’s non-legal senior leadership team members are women
- 57% of practice group chairpersons are women
- 40% of attorneys are women
- 60% of staff are women
- 60% of all new attorney hires since January 2021 are women
We are proud to support organizations that share our values and are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in the communities where we live and work. Some of the organizations we have collaborated with include The Massachusetts Women’s Bar Association, The Massachusetts LGBTQ Bar Association, the Ron Burton Training Village and its STEM program for under-served young women, the Supreme Judicial Court Standing Committee on Lawyer Well-Being, the RFK Alliance (which provides high-quality care and support to people and families facing complicated challenges), The Justice Resource Institute, and many other charitable associations. The firm also sponsors a wide range of events that recognize our female attorneys and their contributions to the legal field, such as MLW’s “Top Women of Law” event.
Making our workplace and community more equitable for women is far from a solitary endeavor. We encourage you to reach out with any questions or feedback. Please feel free to send a message to WomenAttorneys@rubinrudman.com.