Attorneys in our Finance practice offer exceptionally strong transactional skills and extraordinary levels of experience rarely found in mid-sized law firms. We are practical in our approach and responsive to both our U.S. and international clients’ needs.
Our Finance lawyers represent lenders, borrowers, guarantors and investors on a broad range of transactional matters. We handle transactions of all sizes and complexity—from small loans with basic terms to middle market commercial lending to complex cross-border or multi-tiered structures for clients in a variety of industries.
- Lenders. Working closely with our lending clients to achieve positive ongoing business relationships, we understand market standards and the expectations and risk management concerns of our clients in a wide variety of financing transactions.
- Borrowers. Our Finance lawyers provide a wide array of legal services to borrowers, including privately held businesses and public companies, special entities, as well as private individuals. We help our borrower clients to understand all documents, terms and their rights.
Our clients benefit from the perspectives of attorneys who have complementary skills and experience. Our Finance team is comprised of attorneys who have, in some instances, practiced together for more than twenty years; and lawyers who have been on the inside, working as lead transactional attorneys at international commercial and private banks. Our Finance attorneys work closely with colleagues in our Corporate, Business and Tax, Real Estate, and Bankruptcy and Creditors’ Rights practice groups, providing legal advice that is in the best interest of our clients and their businesses.
Our transactional services encompass:
- Single lender and syndicated credit facilities
- Asset-based lending
- Secured and unsecured loans
- Cross-border lending arrangements
- Acquisition finance and leveraged buyouts
- Debtor-in-possession financings and exit financings
- Loan workouts and restructurings, liquidations and foreclosures
- Construction and all types of real estate loans
- Letters of credit and other credit enhancement products
- First and second lien and unitranche credit facilities
- Inter-creditor and subordination agreements
- Lines of credit secured by securities portfolios
- Advising with respect to term sheets and covenant compliance
Our Finance team’s experience spans a wide variety of industries and sectors, including:
- Energy and alternative energy
- Finance companies and financial services providers
- Hospitality, food and beverages
- Life Sciences
- Media and telecommunications
- Natural resources
- Private equity and venture capital
- Professional services
- Public utilities
- Real estate
- Retail and shopping malls