Andrew is a seasoned real estate attorney with over 15 years of experience in all facets of real estate including but not limited to acquisitions, dispositions, financing, leasing, condominium creation, zoning and real estate tax abatements/appeals. Two (2) of his specific areas of expertise are real estate tax abatements/appeals and Boston zoning/permitting matters. He has represented taxpayers on all types in obtaining real estate tax relief at both the local level with Boards of Assessors and state level at the Appellate Tax Board. He also represents owners, operators and developers in obtaining zoning relief at the City of Boston Board of Appeal and planning approval at the Boston Planning and Development Agency.
- Represented taxpayer in obtaining tax relief under MGL c. 40V through a Tax Increment Exemption Agreement
- Represented taxpayer in obtaining tax relief under MGL c. 121A through a so called 6A Contract
- Represented developer in obtaining zoning relief for a 28 unit apartment project.
- Represented developer in obtaining zoning and planning approvals for 115 unit apartment project
- Represented developer in obtaining zoning and planning approvals for a 44 unit apartment project
- Represented financial institution in obtaining zoning approvals for multiple new branch locations
Recognition and Awards
- Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2019-2021, 2023
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Boston Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Member, National Association of Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP)
- Former Member, NAIOP Programs Committee
- Pro Bono Counsel, St. John’s Seminary
- MGH Cancer Center Friends Committee