Tyler is a Partner in Rubin and Rudman’s Environmental and Land Use and Litigation Practice Groups. Tyler advises clients on land use, environmental, and regulatory compliance issues with an emphasis on project siting, wetlands and coastal permitting, enforcement defense, and mitigation compliance. Tyler’s practice focuses on a variety of environmental laws, regulations, and policies, including the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act (WPA), the Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act (MEPA), the Massachusetts Endangered Species Act (MESA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), Massachusetts Oil and Hazardous Material Release Prevention and Response Act (Chapter 21E), and the Massachusetts Contingency Plan (MCP). Tyler’s work includes coordination with consultants and engineers, appearances before zoning boards of appeals, conservation commissions, and other municipal boards. Tyler also manages environmental, land use, and real estate litigation matters, including appearances before the Massachusetts Superior Courts and Land Court.
Tyler also advises and represents municipalities, businesses, insurers and professionals in a broad array of civil litigation matters involving products liability, premises liability, construction law, toxic tort, real estate and lease disputes, personal injury, and property damage.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Massachusetts Bar Association – Member
- Boston Bar Association – Member
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Co-Author, “Massachusetts’ Supreme Judicial Court Makes the Case for Pre-Purchase Wetlands Due Diligence,” Association of Massachusetts Wetland Scientists Newsletter (December 2022)
- Co-Author, “A Year in Review: Significant Massachusetts Administrative and Judicial Wetland Decisions from 2017,” Association of Massachusetts Wetland Scientists Newsletter (January 2018)
- Panelist, “What Could Go Wrong? – Best Management Practices with Regulatory Bodies,” Association of Massachusetts Wetlands Scientists Annual Meeting (2018)