Rubin and Rudman is seeking an experienced Paralegal to assist the attorneys in both the Family Law and Commercial Litigation Departments. The Paralegal will draft and interpret legal documents and reports while maintaining positive contact with attorneys, staff, clients, witnesses and consultants while observing confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Drafts correspondence, pleadings, notices and motions.
- Prepares court filings, including proofreading, cite-checking, and compilation of declarations, exhibits and appendices.
- Prepares various legal documents including motions, interrogatories, and requests for production of documents, proposed court orders, notices, forms and subpoenas.
- Reviews and maintains documents and transcripts.
- Performs in-person and electronic filing in various state and federal courts and agencies.
- Assists attorneys in all aspects of pre-trial, trial, and appellate litigation, including overseeing fact and expert discovery, including e-discovery, depositions, and preparation of exhibits.
- Conducts factual and legal research, compiling results in an organized and succinct manner.
- Address client inquiries in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as requested or needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of two years of paralegal experience in litigation, family law a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with WestLaw Next, Lexis Advance, and BestCase a plus.
- Excellent project management skills, including being well-organized, diligent at follow-up, self-directed follow-through, and able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional attitude, reliable and strong work ethic.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment, including the ability to build collaborative working relationships with other paralegals, attorneys and staff.
Rubin and Rudman, LLP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to: Jobs@RubinRudman.com.