Glenn B. Asch
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
United States Tax Court
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
United States District Court for Massachusetts
Direct #: (617) 330-7106
Fax #: (617) 330-7550
Glenn Asch concentrates his practice in all aspects of estate administration and trust law. Equipped with an advanced tax law degree from one of the best programs in the country, Glenn is particularly skilled in the preparation of comprehensive estate plans that minimize federal and state estate, gift and generation-skipping taxes while fulfilling a client’s objectives. He helps simplify the complex, technical aspects of estate law for clients.
Glenn serves as executor and trustee, and also advises other fiduciaries in all aspects of the administration of estates and trusts. His representations include out-of-state fiduciaries in connection with the probate and administration of Massachusetts property. Glenn counsels on the probate process and the preparation and filing of estate, gift and income tax returns. He also advises beneficiaries on matters concerning the probate, estate and trust administration process.
Glenn is an AEP® Accredited Estate Planner, a prestigious designation awarded by the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils. He often represents fiduciaries and beneficiaries before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue concerning tax controversies that may arise in the estate planning and estate and trust administration process.
- The Probate Process for Accounting Professionals: From Start to Finish, co-author, National Business Institute, Inc. (2001)
- A Practical Guide to Estate Administration in Massachusetts, co-author, National Business Institute, Inc. (1995)
- Tax Implications of Divorce, chapter 21, Massachusetts Domestic Relations (1993)
- The Role of the Special Administrator, Massachusetts Bar Association, Probate Law Section News (1989)
- Hypnotically Induced Testimony: The Pendulum Swings Towards Admissibility, Suffolk University Law Review (1981)
Professional and Community Involvements
- Northeastern University Paralegal Program – Instructor, Probate Practice, (1994-1999)
- Cape Cod Theatre Project, Inc. – Volunteer general counsel
- National Association of Estate Planners & Councils – AEP® Accredited Estate Planner
- Boston University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 1984
- Suffolk University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1982
- Connecticut College, B.A., cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1979